Hello to all you lovely friends and readers. We hope you are keeping yourselves safe from all kinds of monsoon ailments and problems. Great! But, are you also keeping business safe by following the HR Compliance rules and regulations. Well, in case this is new to you, then we take the pleasure of introducing Compliance to you.
Let us begin by understanding what HR Compliance means and what it includes.
Companies that become successful soon begin to realize that the HR function is one of the key functions and affects all the way to the bottom line. And therefore, Human Resource compliance has become inevitable in today’s legal and competitive work environment.
Now, HR compliance checklists are specific tools used by the Human Resource departments across companies globally, while preparing for an HR audit. Some of the points it includes are as follows:
1. Workplace Investigations
· Sexual harassment claims by an employees
· Employees who steal expensive office equipment
· Reports of employees breaking existing compliance rules and policy
· Stopping improper employer or employee conduct
· Addressing discrimination. Racism, sexual, regional, ethnic, etc.
2. Interviews and Recruitment
· Review job descriptions and application forms
· Make sure it covers points on criminal record, disabilities, known illnesses or allergies, contact info of kin, etc.
· Update interview mandate which decides interview rounds and a set of mandatory questions asked for various designations
3. Terms, Conditions, Policies
· Detailed analyses of employment policies
· Sick leaves, annual leaves, leaves for mitigating circumstances, etc.
· Performance management and performance appreciation
· Over-time policies with per hour extra pay
· Employee benefits, ESOPs, and other perks
· Disability benefit
· Pregnancy benefits and leave
· Medical benefits for employees and their families
· Addressing alcohol or drug consumption during work, giving them rehabilitation facilities, etc.
· Ergonomic problems and issues
· Employee equality of sex, pay, race, etc.
4. Safety regulations
· Overview of safety regulations must meet those laid down by the government and other safety bodies of the country
· If your company deals in chemicals, it must include government procedure of hazard communication
· Making sure your company’s infrastructure, furniture, etc. are safe to be used and will protect your employees, customers, and others
A company’s HR compliance includes all these aforementioned points and more. HR compliance is inevitable as it is necessary for all businesses today. Whether your HR department is a one man show or has multiple employees, they often play many roles. They are expected to be completely capable of every function area in the HR world. And as if that’s not enough, they now have to keep abreast with constant changes in corporate law too. It is difficult, and your company must have the resources in place to train and update your HR team regularly.
Here’s your take away. Regular and updated HR programs and effective HR policies & practices with enhance your company’s growth, development, profitability, and competitiveness. Your must know your employees and departments’ strengths and weaknesses. Workplace Dynamics can help provide the needed guidance to eliminate every potential threat in areas of concern.
So do not take HR compliance lightly. Put the regulations in place, see that it is closely followed, and give your company the wings to soar high. That’s all for now. Cheers and goodbye!